Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Choose Wisdom

When I came to Greece, I was a lost and dazed tourist. For the first week my eyes were wide and full of shock as I tried to comprehend where I was and what I was doing. After gaining experiential wisdom by trying new things and getting a feel for the culture I began searching for something more; a different type of wisdom.

In class we've been reading The Wisdom of Solomon and identifying how people view spiritual wisdom. This type of wisdom comes from God directly. In order to receive it, you have to search for it, and once you do, you will fall in love with it. While in Greece, I have been pursing this wisdom in order to have a romantic relationship with the country. Each day, my love for Greece has continued to grow because I stopped looking through a camera lens and started appreciating its natural beauty.
While in pursuit of this wisdom, your soul is eternal; the sea is more than the sea, the mountain is more than the mountain. It allows me to think outside the box and attempt to know the world in deeper, more meaningful way. Conquering my shocked and confused tourist stage has illustrated Greece's natural artistry and spiritually charged my soul. Now that I have been exposed to this wisdom, I will continue chase it and thrive.

Greece is no longer a tourist stop. The impact its made on my life has been monumental to my development as a human being. I search for more than the obvious and value what has been created before me. The next time you watch a sunset or climb a mountain, look for more than the perfect photograph; seek the wisdom behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment