Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Children of the Light

Today, our class visited the first cemetery in Athens. This cemetery was unlike any I had visited before. There were no tombstones, but in their place were elaborate statues or even a building that would hold families for generations. Walking through the cemetery was a very sobering experience. It was a reminder that our life on earth will one day end; the clock is ticking.

As I walked through, I thought about the Wild Hope Project and "what I will do with my one wild and precious life." One thing I've learned on this trip is how small I really am. How can I make the world a better place? Its hard to image how one person can make a difference in a world so vast, but it can be done. My goal? To help improve the public education system and promote music advocacy around the globe. How can I accomplish this? By taking charge and applying myself in order to succeed.

My story is one of many on this trip. We all have goals that will change the world and have the drive to reach them. Our knowledge gained from PLU can be used as a light to shine on the world in hopes of impacting and inspiring others to do the same. Knowledge is a gift; once you have received it, there is little time to share the light in a world of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment